Joy


Happy New Year! I always love the start of a new year!  A blank slate!  As we were driving home from IL on Monday I shared with Ryan that I wanted our family to pick one word that would help to guide us this year (there may have been a slight eye roll on his part).  I had been thinking about this for a while and had narrowed down my words to 3-5.  He immediately said "joy"...and I about fell out of my chair...that was one of my favorites too!  We both shared how 2013 had a lot of difficult medical developments for our sweet girl and that we wanted to face the challenges that my lie ahead in 2014 with grace and try to find joy in all circumstances.  Our little miss will help us do just that--she finds joy in the smallest of things...or a jumbo diet cherry lime-aid from Sonic!  I let her have a few sips of my drink the other day and she loved it!  The Cohenours are hoping to live each day with joy in 2014!
Ryan and Ainsley had some fun at Cracker Barrel the other day!



Many people have been asking about my dad--we are grateful for all of your prayers and thoughts since his surgery on December 7th.  We would appreciate prayers specifically for his recovery.  Last night he was short of breath and his chest x-ray today showed that he had water around his heart.  The doctors are hoping to fix this with medicine and hope to not have to do a procedure to relieve this.  That is what we are praying for!  He is in good spirits and our hope is that he has fewer set backs and feels stronger each and every day.

I asked Ainsley to pick out three books the other day before bed and I walked into her room and saw this!
She emptied out her bookshelf!  
On New Years Day Ainsley helped me decorate for Valentine's Day!



Ainsley was excited to make her Christmas tree a Valentine's Day tree!  
Here's to a joyful 2014!

Comments

Popular Posts