Love notes to Ainsley

Our little miss didn't sleep well last night--so tonight she went to bed around 7 am. She was tired. I'm thinking she may wake up at midnight and be hungry! Since A went to bed early--Ryan and I are getting caught up on some work.

With my extra time tonight, I "made" some cookies for her teachers. These are "shout out" cookies--Ainsley's teachers are amazing, so they always deserve a shout out. I'm going to have to break down and actually bake tomorrow night--because her school has asked for cookies and snacks for this weekend's playground build so I'll break out the flour tomorrow night (or break and bake)!


Love notes to Ainsley....I have started a little memory box for Ainsley. I am going to fill it with notes--little everyday memories, advice from her mama, and encouraging notes.


I have to be honest this idea began this fall when I was so sick and thinking I wouldn't be around forever, so I wanted my Ainsley to have some advice and love notes from me. As I was driving to a doctors appointment in October I saw a student with something written on her sweatpants across her bottom and I thought..that is not flattering....I need to tell Ainsley that isn't the best look for a young lady!


Really, Michelle you might be saying? Yes--I just knew at that point, I had to get my advice, thoughts and love notes for A down on paper. So...several months later she now has a love notes box with a handful of notes already. They are not all about what "not" to wear, don't worry! She can read these over the years and when she heads off to college, I'll make sure she packs this with her :)!

Comments

AG said…
I absolutely LOVE this idea! What a wonderful thing to do. She'll treasure this someday. :) And I totally agree about the words on the butt. yikes.
Too sweet. You guys are the best!
Alana said…
Michelle I absolutely LOVE this idea!
You are so incredibly thoughtful and this no doubt just shows how much you cherish A.
folding beds said…
You guys are best....thanks for sharing your best efforts.
Anonymous said…
Pure sweetness!
Sabrina said…
What a terrific idea, I need to do this. And your advice about not wearing words on your butt..priceless.

Popular Posts