Binkie Fairy

We told A and ourselves no binkie after age 2...well since age 3 is fast approaching we had a visit from the binkie fairy last night!
I was giving A her bath and I realized I mentioned earlier this week- "after your birthday party you won't need your binkie because you are a big girl". I thought "oh no, she is going to be packing that binkie when she moves to college"!!
I yelled for Ryan who was down stairs and asked him to take over with the bath so I could make a binkie fairy quickly. He quickly reminded me he is better at these things-which is so true. So in 5 min I told A the binkie fairy story and R made a binkie fairy!
She rang the doorbell and arrived to tell A a story-"a new baby needs her binkie"! Ainsley totally agreed and put her binkie in the fairy's purse! What we didn't plan for was the tears after the fairy left. Ains wanted her to spend the night. 
Ryan had to "call" the binkie fairy and she came back (she rang the door bell again) and spent the night. I wish I could say it was smooth sailing-A finally fell asleep at 11:15pm...but she fell asleep without her binkie (victory)!
And...the binkie fairy has a gift for the "big girl" this morning! Thankfully we had an extra b-day gift on hand since we really didn't plan any of this until 7:45 pm last night! Hopefully when A reads this one day she'll realize parenting is sometimes spontaneous and requires a whole lot of creativity, love and little sleep :)!

Comments

Angie said…
cute!! So creative and thankfully she got rid of the binky!

Popular Posts