Basement project!


It has been a busy few weeks in the Cohenour house!  Here are some random up-dates from Iowa!
We discovered Ainsley loves iced tea just like her mamma!
We have been having storms almost every day.  Ryan took this picture of me and Ainsley one night at 11 pm when the sirens were going off.  I was SO tired--not my best look.  I emailed my dad this picture the next day and asked him to come up and help Ryan build a storm shelter in our basement.  Thankfully he said yes!
Ryan was keeping me up-dated on the radar--we are having significant flooding in Iowa now.  Ryan will be sand bagging bright and early tomorrow morning.  We are praying the rain stops so it doesn't get worse.
Little miss having fun!
Ainsley saying "I love you".


Ainsley had a couple of appointments at the hospital last week, so we had to check out the construction on the new Children's hospital.  This was a glass walk-way.  I know it looks dangerous--but it was completely enclosed. 
Ainsley loved watching the tractors and felt right at home and took a little rest--she is such a funny girl!
My dad and Vicki came up to visit this past weekend to help with our basement and the brought up a riding lawn mower for us.  I loved mowing with it--I mowed the whole yard in 20 minutes instead of 2 hours.  Thanks dad for the gift of time!!  And, it was fun to drive around super fast!
Ainsley's favorite past time!
Ainsley and her Papa Bob.  She was SO happy to see them.  Almost every day since they left she will say, "where papa/Vicki go?".  Too cute.
One of our many trips to Lowes last weekend.  My dad brought his truck up--so we took advantage of getting lots of things that won't fit in our car!
Before our unfinished basement...it is still unfinished, it just has an enclosed room! 
While Ainsley took a nap and Ryan and my dad built the room--Vicki helped me to organize the basement.  She is an organizing machine!  I am an organized person, but I pale in comparison to Vicki's organization.  There were several times I thought, ok--we're good and she kept at this project until everything was perfect!  While I took a load of things to donate she started organizing our garage--thanks dad and Vicki for helping with our home projects!!
Ryan and I went to Lowes late Saturday night to get sheet rock for the new room--we were SO tired and we vowed not to do a home project for many months!
I took Ainsley to Target the other day and as we were leaving she started yelling "popcorn"--it wasn't even 10 am, but little miss was craving some popcorn!

Getting some snuggles from Vicki!
Tap dancing on papa's trailer!
An organized basement!!


Our new safe room--almost done!
My dad also brought up a coffee table and chair that he didn't need anymore--so we rearranged some furniture to our front room.  This is my new favorite place to read or blog :)!  We are going to hang some curtains this weekend in this room--so a minor home project that hopefully won't take all weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts