Hope & "Iowa"

We have been praying this week for all of those affected by the tragedy in Boston and Texas.  It is hard to turn on the tv somedays--I pray for rest for those having to live these tragedies up close.  I am comforted by the fact that good always prevails--the stories of those who rushed in to help in both instances is a shining example of hope.  
Our sweet girl has had a busy week.  We were able to get outside last weekend since the weather was warmer!




Our little dare devil! 





She is growing up too fast!  She looks so big in this picture!  Ainsley helps me keep things in perspective--recently I had to go into work to get caught up and I said, "mommy needs to go to work" and Ainsley hugged me and said "NO work"!  If I didn't have a job that I felt passionate about, I think I would have threw in the towel right then!  She melts my heart everyday.  I explained that I would be quick and I was back before she knew it!
My dad sent me this picture recently of the visit to his farm.
He had a LOT of flooding on his farm.  Thankfully he said the waters have returned to their banks!
Friday morning I woke up with a slight temp and a horrible sore throat. I got up early (5 am) to email and re-arrange meetings and thought I would crawl back in bed to rest...but Ainsley woke up at 6:30 am with a temp and feeling icky. We both headed to the doctor later that morning.  I had a viral upper-resp. infection and Ainsley had the beginnings of bronchitis--we rested all day Friday. Ainsley's had a high temp that didn't come down with tylenol--so I called the doctor back later in the day and he reassured me to not worry it was just Ainsley's body fighting the illness. 
We took it easy Friday night--we watched a lot of movies and rested! 
Ainsley loved having her binki during the day--normally she only has it at night now (except when she is sick).
By Saturday morning Ainsley was feeling better!
I was SO thankful Ainsley was feeling better because she was able to go to the AE Bell event on Saturday evening.  The local gymnastic center hosted an event for kids and parents who are a part of the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf.  
Ainsley had a fun time playing and meeting new friends.  It was neat to see other kids with hearing aids and cochlear implants who were happy and thriving!
Ainsley's hearing teacher, Kim, let us know about the event and Ainsley was excited to see her there!

I jumped in to the "pit" to help Ainsley and I was NOT a help.  This pit was like walking in sand x1,000!  I quickly got out and Ainsley did just fine.  The other kids were helping her and looking out for her!


Ainsley wasn't so sure of the trampoline!
One foot on the balance beam!
After an hour of play time Ainsley was pooped!!  We had snack time and then they did a music activity!  Ainsley had the best time!

Ainsley's first sight word is....."Iowa" and she now knows "Illinois".  Apparently Ryan and I wear lots of college gear--we'll have to work on expanding our wardrobe and Ainsley's vocabulary :)!

Comments

Popular Posts