Thankful

Today we stopped to get donuts on our way to work....because Monday came to early this week!  Ainsley seemed to like our decision!
Ainsley and Ryan came to pick me up at work today--it was such a nice surprise to see them at the end of a busy day!
Today over lunch I was walking with Ryan to grab lunch and I called over to the hospital prostethics department to get an appointment for Ainsley.  The scheduler shared she could get Ainsley in in early June and it would then take three weeks to get her custom fit inserts back for her shoes. 
I knew this was the reality--a 5 week total turn around time, but it is painful to watch Ainsley struggle to walk.  I signed us up for the early June appointment and then I said "could you call us if you have a cancelation this week?  We live locally and we'd be happy to run over there anytime for an appointment".  The scheduler was nice but said she didn't normally do that, but she would be happy to give us a call if an appointment came open!  I was SO thankful. 
I then said "Thank You"! I explained that Ainsley's feet are turning in so much her ankle bone is almost to the ground without shoes and she said..."can you be here tomorrow at 8 am?"  I said "YES, thank you"!  I had to get off of the phone quick because I was tearing up!  I was SO thankful to her for squeezing us in.  I think she heard the desperation in my voice :)!
So little miss will be fitted for her custom shoe inserts bright and early tomorrow morning.  We are SO thankful that in three weeks she will be up and running!!
"You hem me in-behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me."
--Psalm 139:5

Comments

Bob Allison said…
That's great news. Good luck! Ainsley is so cute with her little Ladybug backpack--I love it. We have to get her a bike when she gets a little bigger. It looks like she headed right for the one in the rack. Love Dad.

Popular Posts