Apple Orchard

At this time last year I had BIG plans for the fall season. My plan was to have Ainsley on October 1st and then take her to all of the fall events—the apple orchard, pumpkin patch, dress her up for Halloween. Nothing went according to plan—A & I spent Halloween in the hospital and by the time we both were “healthy” again it was winter. SO, this fall I am going to soak up every piece of the season because it is my favorite and I want to experience it with Ainsley.

Today Ryan and I took off work a little early and took Ainsley to the apple orchard. Last year when I when I was so sick all I could think of was taking Ainsley to the orchard…it may sound odd, but I just wanted to push her in the stroller and enjoy the country with her. Today we did just that and my heart is happy!
Ryan made an instant friend! As soon as he stepped out of the truck this dog "Dunkin" brought Ryan a stick and wanted him to play fetch. Ryan did this 10 times before the dog got tired--Ainsley loved to watch the dog.
We went to Wilson's Apple Orchard--they have around 100 different types of apple trees. The orchard was planted in the 1980s--I love the big weeping willow in the middle of the orchard!
Ready for our adventure!
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."-Zeph 3:17.
Ainsley loved holding the apples and licking them--oh my!

The path was bumpy, so we ended up carrying Ainsley most of the time--she loved it because she could touch the trees!
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." -Psalms 46:1

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." -Psalms 12: 5-6

Ainsley had a great time on her first trip to the apple orchard--I'm sure we will go back several times this season. Ryan said we had to go on the weekend when the tractor is running--because we walked over an hour in the hills at the orchard today :)!

Comments

Angie said…
So sweet! You all look so happy! I'm glad you got to take A to the orchard, it looks like she had a great time! I am going to frame the last two pics for our house for the fall :)
xoxo

Popular Posts