Our trooper

I am so proud of Ainsley. She has done an amazing job adjusting to her helmet. Ryan & I are having more of a rough time with it. We just completed day #3 of her wearing schedule. Tomorrow (day 4) is wearing the helmet 6 hrs and then 1 hr off--repeat. This allows Ainsley to adjust to the heat of wearing it and the heaviness of it. The first couple of times I took off her helmet she was dripping wet :(.

This is a hard time of year to be wearing the helmet--but Ryan and I have talked about how we can make some adjustments to keep the helmet on Ainsley so she gets her treatment, but also we need to be mindful of how to keep our baby girl cool! Ainsley now gets a nightly bath and deep shampoo for her hair since she is SO hot with the helmet. She loves bath time!

Again, we are so thankful SHE is adjusting to this well. Ryan and I are going to stay strong and keep working toward the 23 hrs a day wearing schedule (which she'll start this weekend)! P.s. My diet coke challenge lasted a total of 17 hrs! Monday was a stressful day, so after we got the helmet--we headed to dinner and I ordered a big diet coke and I looked at Ryan and said "don't judge"-ha! I think 17 hrs is a good first step--maybe I'll start it again next week!

Comments

Angie said…
I really like the picture of you two. Ainsley is such a happy, smily baby :)

Popular Posts