A year later

A year ago today, my sister and I lost my mom suddenly to a heart attack. I miss her just as much today as I did the night I got the call from my sister with the news. I am thankful that my mom lived a good life, loved her family and friends, knew the Lord, and got to meet her grandkids and knew that Ainsley was on the way--that made her so happy.

These are the two scriptures that my sister and I picked out for mom last year--we felt like they really spoke to mom's life-
"Most of all, let love guide your life." -Colossians 3:14

"Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him." --Colossians 2:7

Today Ryan, Ainsley and I went out to our local lake and had a picnic and took a walk. This was the same place that Ryan took me last year after we got back from the funeral and it was good to go back and just be in the fresh air.

At least one of the three Cohenours was smiling!

Ainsley took a lick of a lemon--she loved it and wanted more--but we had to cut her off at one lick!

Ainsley meeting the Chick filet cow!

Comments

Angie said…
such a sweet way to spend your day. I can't believe Mom has been gone a year. I miss her and think about her everyday
Misty said…
So many good memories with your family. She was always smiling, and loved to laugh. I know she is proud of her girls.
Mandy said…
Riley LOVES lemons too.....He put the whole slice in his mouth and didn't bat an eye. I wonder if they can taste it as well as adults?? Glad to know he isn't the only one :)

Popular Posts