Thankful

Today was the big day of Ainsley's CT test! We woke up bright and early (5 am), so we could be at the hospital by 6:45 am. Our sleeping beauty!


I got very little sleep last night--I was worried for the worst outcome (her bones being fused). So I prayed and prayed...for strength to be positive and calm for Ainsley during this test. I prayed for the courage to handle the outcome of the test. I read this and thought it summed up today, "it is such a comfort to drop the tangles of life into God's hands and leave them there."

Our mighty God heard our prayers! The nurse came to get her around 7 am for sedation and she said, "she looks like a happy baby,can she sit still for 5 minutes"? Ryan and I looked at each other and thought she is active as all get out these days--but we said "yes"!

The nurse then took us to the CT room and 4 nurses quickly strapped Ainsley to the CT table (she had straps around her belly, chest, head). They had her wrapped up like a pea in a pod! They gave her a paci they dipped in apple juice (this was a BIG hit) and they threw on a protective jacket over me and another nurse so we could stay in the room with Ainsley during the test. They started the CT images and we were done so quick! She did amazing and didn't need to be sedated! The nursing staff was simply AMAZING! I am so grateful they took the time to try the test without sedation!

The doctor called in the afternoon and said her test was great--her bones were not fused! Praise God! He said her head was rounding out well (since we've been putting her on her tummy) and he said we'd keep monitoring it!


"Be strong and courageous, and act; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord God, my God, is with you." -1 Chronicles 28:20.

Tomorrow A gets her hearing aid! We are so thankful Ryan's parents are in town to help during all of these doctors visits and my dad and Vicki arrive Friday night for more family fun! We are so thankful for the good news today and family!

Comments

Angie said…
That's great news!! I love the pic of you and A <3
Cheri Smith said…
Michelle! That is such good news! yay!

Popular Posts