Chicago--round 2

In addition to catching up with friends and seeing the sites of Chicago--we enjoyed a few nice meals out on the town!

Our first night in town we ate at a GREAT place, The Chicago Fire House. This came highly recommended by the hotel and our cab driver, so we gave it a try. We used some of the Christmas money my dad sent for this great New Years Eve dinner (thanks dad)!


We rarely get desert, but we thought we'd ring in the new year with some sugar!


My favorite place in the whole world--Bucca di Beppo (amazing Italian). Everything is served family style!


Lots of fun decorations!


Webber Grill--AMAZING! I had a burger and Ryan had a steak. They used actual grills to cook the food!


We found Webber Grill by seeing this LARGE grill as we drove past. We also saw, Blake--an EIU Alum and his family at Webber and one of my former RAs, Stephanie. It was great to catch up with them both--what a SMALL world!


We drove down to Wrigley Field--I didn't realize how OLD it was. Lots of memories there (others--not mine, this was the first time I visited)!


I thought this was neat--across from Wrigley Field they have roof top seats on the apartment buildings--what a great view!


Ryan took this photo of me in the hotel lobby--he said I am forever organizing my bags/purse!


We visited the lego store--imagine how many hours it took to put this together!


Or this...


One more picture from the Science & Industry Museum....a gingerbread (White)house it was amazing and VERY detailed--the Obama's were featured on the front steps!

Comments

Angie said…
LOVE your pictures!! Looks like you two had a great time!!

Popular Posts