Snow & Christmas party

Snow--it is everywhere....but that didn't keep us from getting out this weekend for a little shopping!


Aren't the trees pretty with the snow--looks peaceful!


Friday after work, I headed to my church for the Grace Christian Church Christmas celebration. I volunteered to make food--they gave me a recipe of what they wanted me to bring (pinwheel roll ups). I had never been to a party where they give you a recipe, but it made perfect sense once I arrived to help set up. They had 4 sweet choices and 4 holiday appetizers and several women in the church volunteered to make them at home and then we arranged them on cute platters so it all matched. Don't they look yummy?


Some other women volunteered to decorate tables, so each table of 8 was different--isn't this table cute!


They had some special music and skits and we sang carols...


They also had a cute gift for everyone to take home--tea and chocolate.


Today's God gem: from "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World". "When life comes blustering down the street, threatening to huff and puff and blow our house down, we can rest in ease because we live within a mighty fortress. Because we are hidden beneath almighty wings. Because we have a strong older Brother right there beside us. And he's rolling up his sleeves".


Today's health gym: Just move! I always come up with a grandiose scheme for working out--I plan and chart it out and then rarely ever begin the actual plan--so my new goals it to just move every day--I think that is doable. Yesterday I went and ran/walk on the treadmill, this afternoon I'm going to do the same. "Just move" ;)!

Comments

Angie said…
Sounds like a fun time!! I made roll ups today for Ava's Cookie party and I made chex mix on Friday night for the cookie party too! We must be sisters we are making the same things-ha ha!!

Popular Posts