A few of my favorite things

Here are a few of my favorite decorations around our house for Christmas....

Our new Christmas bedspread from my sister Angie--thanks Angie!!


Our nativity with baby Jesus. Our apartment is so small I had to set it out on our filing cabinet--but it wouldn't be Christmas with out Him!


Bookcase in our bedroom--I love the lighted wreath!


A few goodies hanging on our tree--we always try to collect ornaments from universities we've worked at or went to school...I'm really trying to quit Diet Coke--haven't had any today so far! We'll see how far I make it today :)!


EIU-where we met!


We've never worked at Illinois--but Ryan is an Illini fan!


One of the favorite places I've worked the Univ of TX at El Paso.


Our new home at Iowa--we have 3 Hawkeye ornaments on our tree this year---could be a bit much!


By far my favorite ornament this year. A dear family friend (Fern) passed away earlier this year and her daughters gave my sister and I one of her Christmas ornaments so we could remember Fern at the holidays (she collected Hallmark ornaments). She was like a grandma to us, and it was great to be able to remember her at this time of year. I took a picture of the ornament and sent it to her daughters with their Christmas card this year to let them know how much we love and miss Fern.


Wouldn't be Christmas without the movie a Christmas Story!


I love personalized ornaments--here is one of my favorites (also from my sister--she is a GREAT gift giver!).


Stay warm and enjoy the weekend!

Comments

Janna said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janna said…
Your decorations are adorable. I love the Christmas blanket! I am so sorry to hear about Fern.

Popular Posts