Classes are closed.......

The state of Iowa is under a blizzard warning--they have encouraged people not to drive on the roadways because rescue crews are having a hard time navigating the 10+ inches of snow combined with up to 50 mph winds! The University said they would make a decision about whether to close today at 6 am, so here is a picture of me watching our little tv this morning from my warm, cozy home. At 6:15 am they announced classes are canceled, but offices at the university are OPEN....


Where is Michelle today......work :)! Here are some pictures of my morning commute!

I put on my new warm snow boots and my new isotoner thermal gloves....


Waited for the campus bus--they recommend staff utilize the bus system since the road were so bad. Did I mention the campus buses are driven by students......wow--I don't think I would have been up for that challenge as a student, but our student drivers do a GREAT job.


A view of the road we would soon travel to work!


My ride to work is here--hope my travels home this afternoon are a bit warmer!

Comments

Janna said…
I am so jealous! The snow missed us completely... Chris and I WANT snow so badly, but we may get it later in the week.
Angie said…
Yikes!! I can't believe you had to go to work!! B and A had a snow day today, I had a snow day too :) I went in from 2-4 for a presentation.
Hope you made it home safe and sound!!

Popular Posts