August fun

It has been a busy month!

I turned 31 on August 3rd. Ryan and I went to the Amana Colonies to shop and have lunch it was great!




Lunch at a family style restraunt in the colonies.


In the Amana Colonies--even their gas stations are cute!!


Then we went to the mall to walk, shop and play some ski ball. Ryan playing ski ball at the mall--I love this game.


Got a new haircut--it is super easy to dry now that it is shorter!


Got this great package in the mail from my dad today with some great travel bags from Cabella! Thanks DAD!!


Ryan has been busy with RA training. I made this ice cream cake for his RAs as a treat. I made them cookies the other night for training and they just loved them. This desert is packed full of chocolate--so hopefully they will like this too!

First layer--ice cream sandwiches topped with hot fudge.


Next mix up Oreos and and some whipped topping--yum!


Spread oreo and whipped topping on top of the hot fudge layer--notice my new pan (Paula Dean--now has a dish/plan line at Wal-Mart. I love it)! Only $12!!


Final layer--top with Oreo pieces and lots of Magic Shell! Then freeze for several hours and serve! I think the students will love this ice cream treat.


Wal-Mart--did some shopping this afternoon for work. We are putting goodie bags together for all of the RA staffs on campus for move-in next week. I had two carts full of goodies for them!! It was fun to shop for some sweet treats for them (and a few healthy options too)!

Comments

Angie said…
Shel,
I LOVE your haircut, I am getting my haircut on Saturday would I be a psycho if I took your picture in to my salon-ha ha!! Do you ever wear it curly? I am curling my hair every day now, it's the only way that it looks good. I am going to try your ice cream cake recipe, it looks great!! I LOVE the PD line at wally world, I got some wooden spoons and a measuring cup from her line there. Did Dad send you that travel set for your b-day? It's nice. Have a good weekend we are off to Vermont for the weekend tomorrow after work.
Love,
MOH

Popular Posts