Lent


Today is Ash Wednesday--40 days before Good Friday! Hard to believe that Easter is around the corner. For Lent I will be giving up sweets and most of my diet coke (I am going down to one bottle per day--this is a HUGE sacrifice for me). For Lent most people give up something they enjoy as way to remember the sacrifice that God made on Good Friday. My sweets and diet coke are small potatoes compared to the sacrifice made on Good Friday, but I hope the next forty days will be honorable to God.

I am also reading the Purpose Driven Life (40 small chapters) over the next 40 days in preparation for Easter. Many times Christmas and/or Easter sneak up on me before I know it and I don't feel that I have taken the time to reflect on the true meaning of those special times. Doesn't it feel that life is moving too fast sometimes?

Here's to no sweets, less diet coke and daily reading of the Purpose Driven Life!

Comments

Angie said…
I am giving up sweets too! Happy Lent!! Ava and I are going to get our ashes tonight. Talk to you soon.
Love,
Angie
Anonymous said…
Are you giving up sweets and your blog for lent? Bob.

Popular Posts