$41!


Last night as Ryan and I were eating out (yet again)--I said "lets try eating at home for a week". He said, "sure Michelle"! Because he knows me all too well--a busy day at work leads us to want to go out and have a nice meal to unwind. But I am sticking to my challenge (but am giving myself a couple of meal out this week due to a Friday night outing and Valentine's Day)---but the eating at home the other days is a BIG step for us.

Tonight I cooked a great meal--pepper steaks, twice baked potatoes and a healthy salad. After dinner I headed out to the store to pick up a few things to complete some up-coming meals. And I only spent $41...which is just a little over the cost of 1 dinner when we eat out! Not bad! I took this picture to remind me of the value of eating in!!

If anyone has any easy to make meals that you would recommend, just let me know and I really wanting to stick with this challenge, and be healthier for spring!

As one of my co-workers said, "how long have you been married?" Assuming that I know how to cook after several years----I am giving it a go this week!

Comments

Angie said…
Shel, good luck with your eating in challenge! You got a lot of food for $41!!!
Misty said…
Jeremy and I are eating in a lot these days, too. It really does save $. I just made a super easy soup last night. Simmer a little onion, chopped carrot, and chopped celery in a splash of olive oil until it's kinda tender, then add about two boxes (two quarts) of chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add chopped chicken (whatever you have.. If I'm in a huge hurry I even use canned chicken) and dried egg noodles and simmer for about 20 minutes. Tastes awesome and it's fast and easy.
I also went to wal-mart and focused on buying everything generic. I saved a ton! So far everything really does taste like the name brands. I'll keep you posted. :) Good luck this week!

Popular Posts