BBQ, Teaching & 2 miles





Thanks to my sister Angie for encouraging me to start writing again--it has been very busy, but I always enjoy reading her blog--so I thought I'd better get to writing so she has something to read. I can never get my pictures to correspond with the paragraphs that I am writing---so sorry for the confusion :).

BBQ: Ryan and I went to our favorite BBQ place for lunch today (his pick because he was leaving after lunch for a conference for a couple of days). Of course he chose ribs for lunch--this is a photo of him blocking his picture being taken with a rib. Kind of gross, but thought it was cute!


Teaching: I am so excited to be teaching at the university this semester! I teach am teaching a career/leadership course as a part of an academy through the university. I am very lucky to have a class of committed student leaders! The focus of this class is a leader who impacts their community. Next Monday's class will be focused on them identifying a need at the university, the community, or the world and then come up with a soultion to meet the need and act on it. I am so excited to see what they come up with this semester! Here is a photo of the classroom--so pretty with beautiful windows--that will be hard for the students to focus when the spring weather hits...hopefully soon!


2 miles: It has been so cold here, I have had no energy to work out & have been batteling a sinus infection the past two weeks. Now that that has cleared up I am committed to walking 2 miles each day--or exercizing at least 30 minutes to keep the winter blaas at bay! I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Today I did not want to work out. So I put my walk a way the pounds dvd on the computer and watched my tivo'd Oprah at the same time. It was motivating!

Comments

Angie said…
Shelby I am so glad you started blogging again!! I hope Ryan has fun at his conference and good luck with your class!!
BTW, I think June 6-14 is good for Dad, he emailed me today and is coming to our house in May to help me with our landscaping!

Popular Posts