My favorite Christmas things!

Thought I would share some of my favorite Christmas presents/items with you! My favorite Christmas gift was having our family to our home to celebrate. Ryan's parents and brother and my dad were able to come up to visit us for Christmas! We were a bit cozy in our little apartment (my husband is a hall director of a freshman residence hall--so we have a one bedroom apartment in the residence halls). It is tiny, but home for now! We were also able to visit my mom in the St. Louis area after Christmas to celebrate the holidays and her birthday--she is a Christmas baby!

Here are a few of my favorite Christmas things:
1. Large orange sled--my dad got this for Ryan and me. I told him a story about how my sister and I used a trash bag as a sled when we were kids for a time (my mom was very creative and thrify as we were growing up). He insisted on getting this sled for us and it was a lot of fun. I went sledding twice and thank the Lord my mother in law was not hurt when she went down the hill backwards and slammed into a tree. She was a trooper, after checking to make sure nothing was broke--she was up the hill again sledding!

2. The Shark--a cordless vaccume cleaner. My favorite Christmas gift this year from my husband. He knows I am a clean freak!!! I love it, it works so well and is fairly quite so I was albe to "shark" during the holidays while our guests were here--they even helped when we spilled instant mashed potato flakes all over the carpet. It works like a charm!!

3. Hard Christmas candy--always a favorite!

4. Bath and Body Cashmere Lotion--smells great and is very rich for this dry season of winter!

5. Year notepads--A gift from my in-laws (Larry & Linda)--most likely Linda picked it out. They know me so well, I love making lists and taking notes. One for each month!!

6. Jewlery from my sister--in silver. Love the ear rings and necklace! Thanks Ang!!

7. Basket of cards--I LOVE Christmas cards. I display them with clothes pins on a pretty Christmas ribbon attached to doors in our home. I already took them down after Christmas--but couldn't resist putting them in this photo. I think Christmas cards with nice notes is a lost art!

Hope you enjoyed these favorite Christmas treats!

Comments

Angie said…
Shelby I love the month notepads, how cute!! And I love those hard candies too. I have them in a little bowl for our party tonight, wish you could come!!
Talk to you soon!

Popular Posts