Hello Blog World!

Hello Blog World! After many phone calls with my sister, I have decided to join the blogging world! I always enjoy reading my sister's blog (Brock & Ava) so I realized I need to embrace this new form of connection/communication. Since I only have two more days of vacation before I am back at work on Friday, I thought today was the perfect time to get the ball rolling! A special thanks to Angie for helping me find a cute background and walked me through the set up over the phone! I always seem to drag my feet a bit with each new technology--facebook (my students encouraged me to learn) and text messaging (still use this only a bit)!

I can't promise every post will bring exciting news, but I do hope that it helps me to connect with family and friends and to meet new blogging friends.

About the title of my blog--Extension of Grace...there are a couple of reasons I chose this title. 1) During a very difficult time in our lives several years ago, the ministry that my husband was involved in was ripped out of our lives and at that exact moment, I typed the following word into my cell phone main screen "Grace". Because every call that I received for the couple of weeks surrounding that dark time was difficult to bear--so I prayed for God's Grace to handle that difficult time. And on a lighter note--reason #2...I have always dreamed of winning the lottery and starting a non-profit ministry called Extension of Grace that will extend God's grace to current and future leaders in God's work--missionaries and ministers--by providing retreat and renewal opportunities. While I have not yet won the lottery--I buy one ticket a week (there is a drawing tonight--so my fingers are crossed). I think my husband is tried of me talking about this idea--so one day he said, why don't you start this idea/ministry now in case you don't win the lottery (a reality check for me)! I am taking that challenge and looking for ways that I can encourage those around me and in the ministry…..I hope this blog will be an encouragement to those who read it!

Comments

Angie said…
Yeah Shelby!! My little sister has a blog! I love your first post and the name of your blog!!
You are going to have the best time blogging!!
Love ya lots!!
Michelle said…
welcome! I need all the encouraging I can get so I look forward to your new blog!

Popular Posts