Family Vacation--part I

This picture sums up our holiday travels--we are all a little tired :), but had a great time visiting family!
Last Friday we traveled to IL to stay with Larry & Linda before we headed out to Ohio the next day.  Ainsley did great on the 4 hour drive!  By the time we stopped for dinner--she did NOT want to sit still.  She was running all over and giggling! 
Ainsley spent a lot of time visiting with this guy!  She loved hiding behind him and jumping out as people were coming into the restaurant.  Ryan said she scared a few people because they weren't expecting a little girl to greet them!
When we got to Grammie & Grandpa Cohenour's house Ainsley was ready for FUN!  She didn't go to sleep until 11 pm!
Trying out her new snow pants from Great Grandma Della!
Resting on her sheep rug!
Saturday morning my dad come over and we hit the road for Ohio!
Ainsley with her Papa Larry & Bob!
Ainsley enjoyed hanging out with Papa Bob on the drive!  He kept her well supplied with popcorn and suckers!  She loved it!  We made the 7+ hour journey (which took us 10 hours) to Ohio to meet my sister and her family at a lodge!
I've been wanting to read Gone Girl for a while.  One of Ainsley's sweet teachers let me borrow her copy.  Here I am in the car on the way to Ohio so excited that I had time to read :)!  I finished the book shortly after we arrived in Ohio.  It was well written, kept me wondering what was happening next and super CRAZY!  A great winter read.
My niece (Ava) and nephew (Brock)!  I was SO excited to see them on Saturday night! 
The kids and Ryan went swimming in the "therapy pool".  I kept telling them our resort hotel that we stayed at Sun-Tuesday would be much bigger :)!
Ainsley loved snuggling with her Aunt Angie & Cousin Ava!  I joked that Ava was the Ainsley whisperer!  Every night Ava held Ainsley and got her to go to sleep in a flash!  

Trying on daddy's shoes!

Lunch before we checked into the lodge on Sunday!


We are going to have to de-sugar Ainsley after this trip!

Ainsley in her Hawkeye tutu from Aunt Angie!  She loved this!!  I'll post more pictures later of our lodge stay and visit with our family in IL.  Ryan and I are back in Iowa and Ainsley is still with Grammie & Grandpa in IL.  I had a cold for much of the trip to Ohio/IL and kept taking dayquil to get by.  I went to a quick care in IL Wednesday evening and they said I had a viral bronchitis.  That night/Thursday morning I became very sick.  I knew I need to get home to my doctor.  Ryan took me back to Iowa on Thursday and I called to get an appointment with my doctor--they squeezed me in at 4 pm (thankfully).  When I got to the doctor I felt deathly ill, was freezing cold and had a temp of 102.9!  I am SO thankful that I went back to the doctor.  I was checked out by one doctor, who went to get another doctor to consult and he was the one who said he heard a rattle on the left side of my lungs...pneumonia!  He gave me a strong antibiotic.  I am finally on the mend.  I am still feeling very sick, weak, and coughing up a storm.  But, I am thankful my sweet girl is healthy and happy in IL while I recover.  I am going to take it easy and rest!  I started feeling better this morning and started to unpack from our trip.  15 minutes later I was coughing up a storm and felt horrible--so back on the couch I go.  I've got the West Wing on and will take it easy while my lungs heal!  

Comments

Sabrina said…
Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry you got so sick, feel better soon!

Popular Posts