Be still...

I've been watching the news this week--morning news, evening news and it is mighty depressing! I think that it is good to stay informed, but I have felt very innodated this week with the sad news of the economy, flooding in MN & ND, etc. So this evening after work--Ryan was hosting a director candidate for dinner--so he was out on the town...so I made myself a quick dinner (salad and shells and cheese--very good) and then went for a walk to get some fresh air and re-focus.

Even though it was a little chilly, I heard some beautiful birds chirping--listened to some great music on my i-pod and got some much needed exercize and a clear focus! I was reminded half-way during my walk of the scripture that says "Be still and know that I am God" -Psalm 46:10. Through all of the busyness, fear, worry and stress of this time I hope you too can take a few minutes to rest in the fact that God is in control and we can truly rest in that promise that He is in control.

Here are a few pictures from my walk--


Throught this was a beautiful pine tree in one of the local parks I passed.

Me in my office after my walk--blogging! I went to my tutoring centers to up-date the weekly schedules and some of the students didn't recognize me in my work-out gear! I love these new headbands--keeps my hair back, got them at Target!

I noticed today the grass is turning GREEN--yeah!

A beautiful picture of the river at sun set as I was wrapping up my walk---dad, please note I was not walking at night in the dark--so no need to worry :)!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha Ha. Bob.
Angie said…
Glad you had a good walk, love the pictures

Popular Posts