Retreat


This week I’m on a retreat with 35 other faculty and staff from Baylor University! After a 5 hour bus ride through Hill country we arrived and had to ride on a flat bed trailer to the lodge!!


This retreat is focused on slowing down and connecting with others. We have morning and evening prayer time and morning and evening speakers who talk about making the classroom a vibrant place for learning and growth in a Christian context.

They just remodeled the retreat center! I shared a room with a faculty member from music who is super kind!


Each afternoon we have 4 hours of free time! I challenged myself to do something everyday outside of my comfort zone! Monday and Tuesday I went on a hike and today I went kayaking!!


The hikes were on rugged terrain!! Totally worth it for the views!


So thankful to make it to the top of the mountain!! 


I was also thankful that we had experienced hikers and a nurse in our group! 


So much beauty!


I got a good workout in!!


Every morning I’ve been gettting up to read and journal. The gift of time is something I am trying to soak up before I get back home to our full life!!


Beautiful views!




The food is amazing!!


This is one of my favorite books! I’m re-reading it this week!


Ready for my boat adventure!! I’ve been staying well hydrated!! It is super hot here in TX this week!

Comments

Popular Posts