35!


I can't believe I am 35 today--wow!  I literally feel like it was just yesterday when I was in my 20s!  My wedding band cracked this past week and we took it to the jewlery store last night and I said, "I can't believe it broke, we haven't been married that long".  And then I thought, oh yes we have--I'm old!  Ryan proposed to me 13 years ago--in August 2000 in El Paso, Texas.  Long story short--we are old, a platimum wedding band can crack, and we invested in a new wedding band to put my diamond in that we hope will last many more years! 

Ainsley was at Ryan's mom and dads all week so we were able to help with Vacation Bible School or as our church calls it "Backyard Bible Club" since our church is so big they have multiple BBCs, 10+ and over 600 kids attended this summer!  The BBC we helped with had 100+ kids--amazing!

Ryan and I lead the songs/music every night. Let me tell you it was a workout!   Singing and dancing and keeping the energy up was tough--but it was so fun to see the kids have fun and learn about Jesus every night!  By the third night we had to get ice cream after--we were putting in a full day at work, getting a bite to eat and changing in 15 minutes and were at BBC by 6 every night.  We felt like we were in RA training all over again!  Totally worth it!

The last night (Thursday) they had bouncy houses, water slides, food and fun for the kids and their parents.  The kids performed the songs for their parents--it was a great night!  And the weather was perfect all week--70s!

We had a visitor from the TX Road House mascot.  I may have got my picture with him as soon as he arrived!

BBC Fun!

On Thursday night we went to one of our favorite places for a late dinner--we didn't get done with clean up until 9:30 pm so we were hungry! 

It was a busy week, but a lot of fun!

Last night Ryan took me to dinner for my birthday--it was a fun night out and now we are SO excited to see our sweet girl when she gets home this afternoon!  She is my best birthday present--hanging out with my Ainsley! 

Comments

Popular Posts