Monday, Monday

Recently I had two people tell me that they thought Ainsley wasn't talking as much.  I watched Ainsley closely for a couple of days and noticed she wasn't as chatty.  I worried that she was  losing her hearing again.  I panicked.  A minor panic really.  I called and asked for her speech therapy to be increased.  We met today with her Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher and her Speech Therapist.  They put our minds at ease.  They said all kids go through periods of not being as expressive.  They also told us her stats.  In March Ainsley had 14 spoken words and 20 signs.  In June she now has 43 spoken words and 35 signs.  A sigh of relief!    
Ainsley has been learning about camping at school recently.  Her report last week said, "we pretended to go camping again and looked at pictures of tents and fires and talked about how fires are hot"!
This week, Ainsley's class has a patriotic theme.  They made these cute hand prints.  Today her daily report said they sang 4th of July songs!  She is having lots of fun at school!

This face says it all.  Little miss has a BIG personality these days!  She is super, super sweet one moment and a spit fire the next!  Oh my!!  
Tonight at dinner Ainsley wanted to wear Ryan's name tag.  She was so proud wearing it!
After dinner we went to the VIP event at Costco...and we had an outfit change!  Ainsley enjoyed too much BBQ during dinner!  Anyhoo, the VIP event was open to the public (we thought we were super special getting an invite, ha)!  It was crazy, crazy busy--but we had fun sampling all kinds of food and seeing the new store.  We can't wait to shop there.  Ainsley's favorite food there--ice cream!  She ate it all the way to the parking lot!  She was super sticky so she took a bubble bath when we got home!

Comments

Darci said…
Glad they were able to calm your nerves! I'd pry be the same way too...I think its natural to worry about your child :)

Ainsley is my kind of girl...ice cream is my favorite too! :)

Popular Posts