Feeling better

Another virus has hit the Cohenour home! Ryan and Ainsley started to feel sick on Wednesday--Ryan was home for work Wednesday-Friday resting up--he was the sickest I've seen him in years :(. Ainsley stayed home from daycare on Friday and Friday night we had a scare when her temp started rising as her body was fighting the illness. I got a new thermometer that a friend had recommended (actually I got the cheaper version of what she recommended--it is going back to Wal-Mart today; I learned you get what you pay for :). You just put it on your forehead and in 3 seconds you have a temp reading.

We did this for A and it registered 104, 105, 101--it was not accurate at all! When it said 105, I began to PANIC! In 1 second in my mind, I thought of calling the ambulance and throwing bottles, formula and clothes in the truck and heading to the hospital. Thankfully, Ryan in his calmness said--"lets get the digital therm. and take another reading". It was consistently 102. I called the resident line at the hospital and they gave us great advice--keep the fluids going, Tylenol, and rest--and if her temp was in the mid-103s to bring her in. She slept so well last night and woke up feeling better--her fever finally broke in the early morning hours! Thank the Lord!! We were so thankful our little girl is back to herself today!

We are taking it easy today and watching Hawkeye football! Ryan has tickets--but he decided to stay home and keep resting--which was smart because it is raining cats & dogs today! Ryan did get us a game time treat--Buffalo Wild Wings! He always recommends this when either of us is sick with sinus infections because he says it will help since it is so spicy (I think he secretly just likes wings)!

Our Little Miss all ready to cheer on the Hawks! She didn't eat wings, but she LOVED the celery that came along with the meal--it is cold and she loves to chew on it to help her 3 teeth that are coming in on top!!

Comments

Sabrina said…
So glad everyone is on the mend. I hate when my kids are sick, it is such a desperate feeling. I love your new blog background.

Popular Posts