Labor story--day two!

I didn't get much sleep on Thursday evening because my contractions were painful, but not regular. Around 5 am on Friday, October 8th Ryan and the nurse finally convinced me that taking some pain medication would be helpful and would allow my body to rest since I had been up for over 24 hours. I got the pain meds and immediately feel asleep--thank goodness! I woke up a few hours later and had progressed enough for them to break my water around 10:30 am. I remember them telling me at the time we had a 14 hour window to work with to delivery Ainsley before I was at risk for infection due to my water being broke. I received an epidural shortly there after.


Ryan ready to meet our baby girl!


All afternoon, they checked my progress (it was slow)! Around 8 pm that evening my doctor (Dr. T) came in and said I was fully dilated and we were ready to push! I was so thankful, and so exhausted. My doctor had been on-call for 24+ hours so she had to leave, but she introducted me to a new doctor that would be with me through the delivery.

After pushing for 1+ hour, I rested to regain my strength. We then began pushing again at 9:30 pm--I realized I was exhausted, and we weren't making great progress with Ainsley coming out so I let the doctor know that if we needed to use other methods to help deliver Ainsley we would be okay with that. I was concerned about (1) the stress on Ainsley from the length of the labor, (2) stress on my body, and (3) the 14 hour window was closing in on us.

They called in a doctor at the practice that specializes in C-sections and vacuum deliveries. She arrived around 10:30 pm and we did more pushing...around midnight she said we were ready to use the vacuum to try to get Ainsley out safely. We had three tries before we needed to then do the C-section, due to the stress on the baby. The first try the vacuum slipped off of Ainsley....at that time I looked at Ryan and said a prayer to God to help us deliver our baby safely. I knew I was exhausted and had very little energy left. Second attempt didn't work. I then prayed even harder and pleaded with God to help us delivery Ainsley safely. On the third try--she was delivered at 12:37 am on Saturday, October 9th.

We heard her cry and were overjoyed!! I was so thankful to see our healthy baby girl!


As the doctors kept working on me, I kept asking "is everything okay". I could hear the doctor and the resident talking as they were working on me--but they quickly responded we'll fill you in when we're finished. I had no idea what was going on, but didn't know at the time the range of things that could go wrong--so I focused the next hour and a half as they were working on me on spending time holding Ainsley and talking with Ryan about how we were so excited our baby girl had finally arrived!

Here are some recent pictures of Ainsley--now at 7 weeks. She loves to kick her feet and move her hands. She is an active little girl!


Enjoying life!


She was kicking so hard her booties fell off.


Kicking!


So content!


A close up!

Comments

Janna said…
I am enjoying reading your story and I can't wait for part 3.
Angie said…
Sweet!! I'm glad your sharing your story like this!

Popular Posts