Saturday

Today we....had a little lunch. My family would be happy to know that I cooked--we didn't go out to eat (we have a tendency to eat out a LOT). I made a chicken, pasta, mushroom, garlic, broccoli dish on Thursday and we ate left overs today. Notice we ate most of the parts of the dish that we liked on Thursday--so today it was mainly pasta :).


I also fixed a salad--we love the Olive Garden dressing (looks like I put a little too much cheese on this)!


We then went to see the movie--Brothers! It was very moving--and not what I expected. It truly gives a glimpse into what military families face and struggle with. I will definitely be saying some extra prayers for military families and the sacrifices they make daily!


We then went to WinterFest--it is a University of Iowa student run holiday program where they bring in Head Start kids and families and throw a Holiday party for them! This year we were paired with a 5 year old boy who LOVES Transformers. Ryan normally doesn't like shopping for gifts, but he did the honor of picking out this gift! The little boy loved playing with them!!


Here are some gems for the day:
HEALTH GEM: From You Are What You Eat, "Eliminate fizzy drinks as they interfere with digestion. Many are loaded with phosphates that deplete the body of vital minerals". I love fizzy drinks--so much so that my sister bought me a Diet Coke ornament this year for my tree (I'll post my Christmas decs later this week); but will try to drink more water!

GOD GEM: From The Ragamuffin Gospel, by Brennan Manning. "Our huffing and puffing to impress God, our scrambling for brownie points, our thrashing about trying to fix ourselves while hiding our pettiness and wallowing in guilt are nauseating to God and are a flat denial of the gospel of grace". Today I hope you can know and accept the grace that God has given each of us!

Comments

Angie said…
That pasta dish looks really good!! Post the recipe. Wish I was there to eat with you and I AM surprised you are not eating out! Ha Ha
Janna said…
Your meal looks delicious! I don't think I could ever completely give up my mountain dew.

Popular Posts