Our Merry Christmas

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! It was just the two of us for this Christmas since Ryan was on crisis duty for campus and the weather was bad, so my dad couldn't travel to be with us. We've had a pretty low-key Christmas, eating too much good food, enjoyed a great Christmas eve service at our church and caught up on some tv/movies! We enjoyed talking to our families via phone in the morning before the celebrated!

For desert this year, I made a chocolate and cookie n cream pie! I used skim milk to save a few calories--it was delish!


Ryan got me these beautiful tuplis for Christmas--I just love tuplis!


Me in my new sweater dress ready for our Christmas eve service!


After the Christmas eve service, we stopped by Olive Garden and had dinner! We couldn't believe it was open--we get stir crazy after too much time at home, so it was good to get out of the house!


Our Christmas meal--I brought over baby Jesus from the manager to be our guest at dinner!


What's for Christmas dinner? Only the largest ham ever! We got a 7 lb ham from the Amana Colonies--which was amazing, just a little LARGE! We will be eating ham for weeks!


Ryan taking the ham out of the oven--he was in charge of the ham and I did side dishes. He made a orange juice and brown sugar glaze (it was great)!


Ta-da! There is our Christmas ham--all 7 lbs of it!


Christmas night we ventured out in the snow to look at lights and grab a bite to eat--only the Chinese buffet or IHOP was open.....we chose IHOP! I took this picture with our new camera we bought as a Christmas gift for us. The snow was beautiful!


Our poor truck was iced in--we cleaned it off and hit the road :)!

Comments

Popular Posts