Semi-homemade

I love the show on the food network--Semi-homemade, because I enjoy cooking, just don't have the time or kitchen space to make from scratch meals. Thought I would share one of my semi-homemade meals today--pot roast! This is what is for Sunday lunch at the Cohenours today! Total prep time for homemade pot roast--about 30 minutes.

First boil some veggies--whatever you enjoy in your pot roast. We enjoy--potatoes, carrots, celery and corn!

My new cutting board (a gift from Ryan's Grandma Dorris this Christmas--I had it packed away since we have a tiny kitchen, but I got it out today and love it)! Here are the potatoes--I used small ones.


Carrots--I enjoy these crinkle carrots and take them to work for a snack--they also worked great for the pot roast!


Celery--for the roast and I cut up the rest of the stalk to use this week for snacks--with peanut butter or french onion dip!


Corn--that was easy, just pop the can open and add to the veggies.


While all of the veggies are boiling in water (I put them all in the same pot and boil for about 10-12 minutes until tender), saute onion and fresh garlic in a little olive oil.


Here is where my trick for "semi-homemade" comes in! I LOVE this product. It is a bit pricey--around $6-7 dollars, but so good and quick. Pop this in the micro for 4 minutes and you have tender roast meat!!! We stock up when these are buy one get one free.


After the meat cooks for 4 min in the microwave, peel back the package edge and add the juice to the sauteed onions and garlic.


Shred the meat!


Add the meat to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes to let everything meld together!


Add everything to a nice serving dish and eat up! Or, pop it in the oven on low if you made it a bit early. I put mine on 250 degrees in the oven for an hour since I made it earlier today. Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!! And left overs are great!


Going to serve or pot roast with some warm bread--love this type of crusty bread from our local store. Pop it in the oven for about 5 minutes and you are good to go!


We like this dipping sauce with our bread--olive oil and Parmesan dipping sauce--we bought this at the local kitchen store!


Happy Sunday!

Comments

Angie said…
Yummy!! I LOVE Sandra Lee!! She is the best. This recipe looks great, I am going to have to try it.
Thanks Shelby!!

Popular Posts