They have a plan!


I am so excited--my students have a plan for their service project! I am teaching phase III of a four part college leadership course. Phase III is focused on Service-Learning and they have been struggling to define a purpose for their project. During class tonight--they decided to do a reading project for a local elementary school. They have $1000 to use for their project. They have tentatively decided to buy books for the library and then do a reading challenge and the class that logs the most reading hours will get a party. Their final project proposal is due next Monday night--so I am excited to see how it turns out.
If anyone knows where to get cheap children's books--please let me know, as they are looking for ways to stretch their money!

This is one of my favorite authors--Jan Brett. She has amazing illustrations!

Comments

Angie said…
Shel, use scholastic, the book orders that kids do in school every month, a lot of their books are .99 cents or 1.99. Fun project!!

Popular Posts