3 cheers for Papa!


My dad is a trooper--last Saturday he went into the hospital when his heart wasn't working, he was having a hard time breathing. After a LOT of tests this week, they have decided to do open heart surgery tomorrow at 7 am. Please pray for him tomorrow morning!
 
I was with my dad for one of his tests on Wednesday and I don't think it could have made it through it without passing about.  It was a lung function test, which lasted 30+ minutes.  Dad did a GREAT job and did well.

We will all be cheering him on tomorrow morning and praying for a perfect surgery!

This morning when we dropped Ainsley off at daycare they had balloons out.  She said she was a cheerleader!  So Ainsley gives three cheers for Papa Bob--for good health, a speedy recovery and a positive outlook through all of this!

Ainsley's new dress!



Ainsley made a video for my dad which I showed him on Wednesday.  Ainsley is sending a big hug to you dad!

My dad is taking us to Disney in January.  This is a very special trip!

I called him after Ainsley's test in mid-November and said I don't think we are going to get good news about Ainsley's muscles...I think we should take her to Disney.  We didn't know when she would lose function, so we want her to enjoy Disney when she can run and jump! A few days later we booked a trip for 7 of us to go!

Dad's heart surgon heard about the trip and was able to squeeze dad into a Saturday surgery slot so he could get in, get his valve replaced and hopefully go to Disney in January!

A friend of ours sent us this scripture this week to encourage us and it is so fitting:  "...The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul, 'therefore, I will hope in Him'." Lamentations 3:19-24
Our hope is in The Lord that he will guide the doctors to care for dad.

Comments

Popular Posts