Dear 3 Year Old Ainsley!

Dear Ainsley, I can't believe you are 3!  This picture makes me think that in a few short years we will be sending you off to your first dance, college, etc.....

Happy Birthday sweet girl!  I will never forget the eventful day that you arrived!  Your dad and I checked into the hospital at 6 am on Thursday, October 7th and you were born at 12:43 am Friday, October 9.  I still thank God to this day that you and I made it.  Your dad and I prayed to have a baby for quite sometime and we are so thankful that God chose us to be your parents!

You start early pre-K next week!  My how time has flown by!!

 

You are so active these days!  You love to explore and climb!

You love to have fun with your daddy!  He loves you with all he has and is so proud of you!

You love to giggle and play "scare me" with me and your daddy.  We hide and jump out and scare you, you scream/giggle for a minute or so after!  I truly think we could play this for hours!

Have I mentioned you are a dare devil?  You are cautious when you are by yourself playing--but if you have someone you trust by your side you would probably sky dive and zip line!  No joke--many times all you need is our hand and you have so much confidence to get out there and have fun!

You love to "read"!  At bedtime we will turn off your light and kiss you good night and 10 minutes later we hear your light being flipped on and we find you in your bed with a book.  That is how you fall asleep most nights--"reading". 

 

 

You have such a big heart.  If any of your friends are crying, or a random baby when we are out shopping or eating out you stop and give them your full attention.  I normally have to tell you that they are with their mom and they will be okay and then you can go on.  I am so excited to see what you chose to do for your life's work after college!  I have no doubt it will be in the helping profession, student affairs would be a good fit :)!

You love to dance--we often times turn on music on the weekends and you could dance for hours :)!

You like to play "arms up" with your daddy.  He'll say "arms up" and you immediately start giggling because he normally tickles your belly after you put your arms up. 

"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."
-1 Samuel 1:27

You are loved sweet girl.  I tell you this every night when I kiss you goodnight.  And it melts my heart when you tell us you love us too.  Your grandparents love you so much and I am so thankful you have gotten to know and spend quality time with your Papa Allison and Papa Cohenour & Grammie. You love to go to their houses and spend time with them.  Although you never got to meet my mom since she passed away when I was four months pregnant with you, I show you pictures and she would have loved you too!  I see glimpses of her in you sometime--you both having loving hearts and like to have fun!
You have been working with two amazing teachers from our local AEA since you were 13 months old! Miss Kim & Miss Karalee work with you 4 times a month for speech and hearing. At first you cried when you saw them, now you love spending time learning with them. They have been working so hard to make a case for why you need to have on-going support with your speech and hearing. I can't begin to thank them for the countless hours they have spent doing very detailed evals to outline what you need. Last week we learned that you were approved for an IEP so you will begin a new school for a couple of hours each day. On October 8th we had your first IEP meeting with 7 teachers/administrators from the school district.  Kim & Karalee spoke so highly of you and graciously advocated for you!  You will get to ride a BUS--which I know you will be thrilled about!! Our hope is that by the time you go to kindergarten you will be ready to conqure the world!

Your new pre-K classroom.  We get to attend a meet and greet at your school so you get to meet your teacher before next week!

You like to play "doctor" with your stuffed animals and your dad and me. You check our heart and give us shots-ha!  Speaking of doctors--you've had quite the experience with them over your first three years. You take all of this in stride. When you do your regular blood work, you don't like it and normally cry--but after they are done you say thank you and go on your merry way. We have one more big test to do this month to see if you are a carrier for a muscle disorder and I have no doubt that whatever the outcome is God will give you and us the strength to work through it.

You have such a kindness about you sweet girl--we could not be prouder of the little girl that you are!
You are growing up so fast. This is a good reminder for me and your dad to soak up every minute with you!
Happy 3rd birthday sweet girl!

Comments

Popular Posts