Persnickety

Friday night Ainsley's daycare had a Parent's Night Out that Ryan and I bid on at a benefit auction for one of the sweet families at daycare.  We were worried about Ainsley being at school all day, but no need to worry because when we picked A up at the end of the night her teachers said A had the BEST time!
Ryan and I went out to dinner and then went to Sand in the City.  Different groups did sand sculptures.  This was my favorite.  A dental fraternity made this amazing art!!  How creative!
We then got frozen yogurt.  My favorite, but not Ryan's favorite.  He doesn't have a poker face, but he was such a good sport to go with me.

When we picked A up at 9 pm, I thought she would be asleep (we brought her jammies to school), but she was awake watching a movie.  They had a special night planned for the kids.  They started out with dinner.  They ordered pizza and while the teachers were cutting up the pizza, A reached over and helped herself to a big piece of pizza and ended up eating 2 slices!  They played outside and got tattoos (she thought she was such a big girl)!  They ended the night watching a movie and eating popcorn--her teachers said they have never seen her in a better mood!  I think she liked being with the bigger kids and eating popcorn!  

Saturday morning, Ainsley woke up bright and early, so we put her between us and let her watch Cars. Ainsley will sign "cars" and want to watch it!  She is in her car jammies here (thanks PaPa Bob)...she LOVES Cars!
Ainsley has a love for Vera Bradley bags just like her mamma!   
Sunday it rained ALL day!  Thankfully!  Ainsley got to wear her adorable rain boots that her Grammie and PaPa Larry got for her at her baby shower.  She felt like such a big girl in her boots--she loved them!

We made a trip to Costco on Sunday.  Ainsley loves ice cream!  She ate most of this by herself, I only had a couple of bites!  Her face says it all...less pictures, more ice cream!!  
I took these next pictures as A was leaving school today.  It brings tears to my eyes to see these, because she is growing up SO fast.  
One of my favorite times with Ainsley is right before bed.  We'll give her a bath, read stories, and then I hold and rock her.   
She normally hugs me tight as I rock her and I pray for her. 
I normally pray for her health.  I pray we raise her to be loving and kind to others. I pray she will have good friends she can experience life with and I pray that her future spouse will love and cherish her.
I also pray that Ryan and I will savor every moment we have with her.   Because before we know it we will be picking out school supplies for 1st grade, jr high and then taking her to college. Here's to being thankful for every-single-second we have with our sweet, sweet girl.

Sweet and...persnickety.  Ainsley's report card today said, "Ainsley loved trying to put the sea creature puzzle together.  A little persnickety at first but it got better!".  Ryan and I had to google persnickety, not kidding. Now we know, and I would say persnickety sums up our Ainsley these days.  She is determined and we love her with all that we are!

Comments

Angie said…
I love all the pics in this post especially the one with her ladybug (alpha love!) backpack. So cute! I think she gets her love of eating from me-ha ha!

Popular Posts