Mommy Fail

This is where I found little miss Ainsley Monday morning when I went in to wake her up!!  She climbed out of her crib and onto her changing table.  When she saw me she kept saying, "diaper".  Oh my!
We had plans to get her a twin bed and make the transition and then we realized we could lower her crib a bit more, that has seemed to do the trick for the time being!  Her big kid bed is on the horizon--hard to believe!
Monday morning we went to see Ainsley's ear doctor.  He is such a gifted doctor.  He said--her ears look great, tubes look good and that we should still be doing the hearing test every 6 months (no sedation though!).
After Ainsley saw her ear doctor, we went to her next appointment--her hearing test.  Ainsley is very young to have the hearing test that she did.  She had to drop an object when she heard a sound.  She did good overall, but we decided to test again in 6 months when she has a greater understanding of what we are asking her to do during the test.
Today I had a completed mommy fail!  I missed Ainsley's Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher appointment at 4 pm today.  Her teacher comes to the school and we work with Ainsley for 1 hour.  Ainsley has 4 total appointments this week--our heads are spinning with the busyness of work and all of these appointments.  I was at her school today for a 10 am Physical Therapy appointment, but totally missed the 4 pm.  I felt awful when I went to pick up Ainsley after my busy day and realized I missed the appointment.  On an up side her daycare teachers did great meeting with her teacher and her Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher called me tonight and left a 3 minute voicemail that was so sweet.  She said she knew we were crazy busy with work so not to worry and the appointment with Ainsley went great.  I'm thankful Ainsley has great people surrounding her to help her along and we'll try not to forget her afternoon PT appointment on Wednesday :)!

Comments

Popular Posts